Monday, October 21, 2019

Investment in Rental income

I still think real estate is king. But not now/yet.  It depends where you live.   I buy for rentals not for what it will be worth in the future.  I sold all my stock in 07 and In 09 I bought 3 inexpensive basic houses in so so neighborhoods for cash. I put in new kitchens and bathrooms and paint.   I charge less than the going rate for rent so tenants want to stay. Once they are in I won't raise the rent.   No need to.     I'm not greedy and I keep the maintenance up .   In about 3.5 years I made the financial investments back.    I'll get a few more in a couple of years as the dust clears, although I don't really need the income.   The tenants don't know it but they get the house when I die.  Most people are I gotta do it now now now.  Be patient and stress free.    If you want to play the market you need to watch it every day. Do the research on companies. Don't ask for other people's opinions because they have their own biases.  You'll never make it if you don't educate yourself.   Don't just follow other people's advise.

No comments:

Post a Comment