Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Economic impact among countries

The flood is here and it's devastating. I was just watching a report from CNA talking about the island of Batam Indonesia and how they need raw materials from China for over 70% of their production. Trade between China and Indonesia has come to a halt. Many of the factories are getting ready to shut their doors on this Island. Batam is very close to Singapore. This is will a serious effect on their economy as trade between Singapore and Indonesia flows through Batam.

There have been several factories that have shut here in Thailand as well. I can see Q12020 is going to be very dismal if you take Japan in to account (-6.3 percent Q42019) and that was before the outbreak of the virus. People are being thrown out of jobs left and right and into "retraining camps" (if you know what I mean).


Banks' job cuts are inevitable due to AI and automation. We are doing the jobs ourselves for all our banking needs in front of the computer. Customers are the suckers having to DIY everything nowadays. How to have free time?

No comments:

Post a Comment