Nothing was abnormal for me ( a long haul truck driver) 60 years old until I went to buy water in Lexington Kentucky May 17 2020. I needed at least 10 gallons to last 1 week and the manager refused to let me have it, only 1 gallon per person he said. Explaining my situation fell on deaf ears he did not care one bit also all the shelves were empty because of the panic rush on food. The government had shut off all the water taps at public hiway rest areas to stop the spread of the virus. I called my wife and told her what was going on and she said NO MORE ! America can do without their toilet paper, meds, and food and for me to come home imediately and shut down the trucking business. ...My point: This is how easy it is to disrupt the supply chain to the point that our economy crashes. What if next time even the younger truck drivers say ...." I'm just going home"... because of no water, diesel, food, tires, truck parts, oil, ect. It doesn't take much for that to happen and we end up like Venezuela here in America and the western world.
No comments:
Post a Comment